We are looking for up to 150 workers for berry harvesting on our Berry Farm located at Red Hills Tasmania 40 minutes from Launceston and 40 minutes from Devonport.
Harvesting will commence in November and we continue to harvest through to the end of May.
All our berries are grown on tables undercover in our poly tunnels. We grow strawberries. blackberries and raspberries. Berries are to be picked according to specifications, then weighed, and packaged.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be physically fit and able to work on your feet for the full duration of your shift.
- To be self-motivated and able to work well independently.
- To be able to respect and implement instructions in a timely manner.
- To have an eye for detail and quality.
- A willingness to work in all weather conditions from hot and dry to wet and muddy.
- To be available to work up to six days a week which includes weekends. (Please do not apply if you cannot meet this requirement)
- Willingness to pick all berry types
- To be flexible and available to start work from 6.30am to various finishing times.
- Your own method of transport and accommodation.
- A tax file number and if applicable a valid Visa to work in Australia.
Employment is on a casual basis paid under the Horticultural Award 2020 Level 1. You will be paid a piece rate of pay system. This means you are paid for each tray of berries you pick, therefore the more trays you pick the higher your income will be.
An Induction and training will be provided prior to you commencing work, this is usually conducted the day before or on your first day of commencing work.
Number of Positions Available: 150