We are seeking to employ 150 seasonal horticultural labourers to do planting, runner trimming, weeding, pruning, picking and attending to plant matter at ground level for a strawberry farm in southern Tasmania. Work is expected to commence around the end of July or early August and will extend up to 6 – 9 months.
To be considered for this physically demanding role, you will need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Be fit, healthy and agile; able to do repetitive work, bend, kneel or crouch for extended periods of time
- Ability to tolerate working in hot, windy or wet weather as well as very dirty, muddy conditions
- Good attention to detail and quality focussed
- Demonstrate skill in working with speed and efficiency
- Willingness to take direction and follow instructions
- Energy and drive to persevere with repetitive work tasks for up to 8 hours per day
- Motivation to work autonomously as well as a team player
- Positive attitude and aptitude to learn and apply new processes
- Ability to pass a colour blindness test – as accuracy in fruit picking selection is critical
- Be reliable and committed to working for the entire 6 – 9-month period
- Ability to adhere to company QA and OH&S requirements
Applicants living outside of southern Tasmania must demonstrate a commitment to relocating if required for the duration of the employments for the 6 – 9 months period.
Successful candidates will be offered employment on a casual basis under the Horticulture Award 2010. Work will be paid at a contract (piece rate) or hourly rate. A standard working day will consist of approximately 8 hours, including breaks. Candidates will be required to start work between 6.00am and 7.00am. Varying early starts may apply (between 5.00am to 6.00am) depending on crops/products readiness and management requirements. You will need to be available for possible extra hours of work to ensure all crops are harvest as required by management. Flexibility in your availability is crucial in horticulture, as crops growth/harvest is weather driven and may be intermittent.
Applicants must state your right to work in Australia and provide evidence e.g. Valid Working Visa.
**Only successful applicants will be contacted**
**Please note that random Drug and Alcohol testing may be conducted during the assignment period**
Number of Positions Available: 150