The Grain Harvest is a significant event on the Australian agricultural calendar with positions located across the Eastern states. This is a highly rewarding seasonal opportunity to work and travel in iconic regional locations. You’ll also gain invaluable experience working with one of Australia’s largest Agribusinesses and exposure to many cereal crop varieties.
We now have a number of seasonal harvest roles available in the Southern Mallee region of Victoria, which will start in early November.
We are looking for candidates who’ve got what it takes to tackle this hot and dusty work! You may be responsible for sampling grain, building and maintaining bunkers, directing traffic and operating machinery such as hoppers and stackers. You’ll need to be hardworking, physically fit and able to work in hot, dusty conditions.
Dedicated to a culture of safety for yourself and your colleagues, you’ll follow strict safety procedures and be ready to work long hours when needed to. This seasonal and well-paying work requires you to be flexible. This means harvesting is subject to change with rain or other weather events that can result in changes to your duties or location at short notice.
If you can address the following criteria, we want to hear from you:
- Previous experience in wheat and grain harvests (experience in related fields is highly regarded)
- Tarping and tarp welding experience
- Able to pass drug and alcohol tests
- Thrive under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in hot, dusty environments (this work is not suitable for those with dust allergies or asthma)
- Physically fit and able to work long hours with flexible shifts
- Hourly rates starting at $28.91/hour, with applicable penalty rates
- Prove yourself on the job and we’ll connect you with more work – providing you with opportunities to travel with the harvest
- We employ local, transient and international applicants. If you meet the criteria of the role, we want to hear from you!
Number of Positions Available: 500