About the business
We are the perfect setting to host a corporate meeting, product launch, social engagement, Christmas party or wedding. Our professional team is always available to assist with arranging the meeting and events down to the final details in any one of our 9 stylish and flexible function rooms. We offer conference facilities to suit anywhere between 5-240 guests and package options to suit every style and budget.
This all-suite hotel offers the ideal place to connect with colleagues, friends or family, providing flexible Newcastle function venues, many with impressive harbourside views. Our experienced staff will ensure that your event runs smoothly, be it a leadership seminar, corporate dinner or a social celebration.
About the role
We are hunting for the most passionate, motivated and talented Food & Beverage Attendant to join our Conference & Events team!
The successful candidate is an enthusiastic individual with strong communication and organisational abilities and great attention to detail and is attentive to guests wants and needs as you are a dedicated professional with impeccable time management.
Our Food & Beverage Attendants pride themselves on executing conference and events with confidence, style and manner whilst ensuring our guest service levels are at a premium.
Your focus will be to deliver the daily operations of our Conference & Events department ensuring our guests enjoy a pleasurable and memorable experience whilst maximising revenue opportunities. This will include but will not be limited to; setting up the room as per the clients needs, meet & greet organisers & delegates, monitoring the event and delivering breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner & bar cocktails if required. Pack down of event and re-sets for the next day.
Flexibility and comradery is crucial to these roles, with hours spread across a 7-day roster including early morning breakfasts, lunches and dinners. This is a fantastic chance to work for a reputable brand where the career opportunities are plentiful!
This role is perfect for you if:
- You have an outgoing personality, positive attitude and loads of initiative
- You handle pressure with panache
- You exceed in time management.
- You are creative, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You’re a fast thinker and make decisions on the run!
- You like working in a fast pace environment with something always to do.
- You are a hands on individual who likes being busy.
- You have a passionate work ethic.
- Strength & stamina as some heavy lifting is required of tables and chairs
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Experience & exceptional customer service & communication Skills
- A current and up-to-date RSA qualification
- Highly professional manner & grooming
- Flexible and adaptable to the fast paced & dynamic hotel industry
- Flexibility and can work 7 day rotating roster including Public Holidays
- Diversity and can work Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Banquets shifts
- Possess a strong knowledge of Conference & Events operations.
- Experience with set up of events, meet & greeting clients and monitoring events.
- A team player with a positive & enthusiastic attitude
- Previous experience in a similar role for 12 months or more preferred
Number of Positions Available: 10