We are currently looking for a kitchen extraordinaire to join our Production Kitchen team on a casual basis.
As a Catering Assistant, you will help make and prepare delicious food that caters for our three iconic ferries.
You will assist the chef and supervisors with duties to provide our internal and external customers with an exceptional food experience and service as well as:
- Prepare and package foods like sandwiches, sushi and salads
- Help make and bake an array of pastries
- Have a high standard of safety and food hygiene
What skills are we looking for
To succeed you will have some experience working in food preparation, ideally in a kitchen or hospitality environment. You will also:
- Be self-motivated with a “can do” attitude, and be able to work unsupervised
- Be keen to learn and understand the principals of good food hygiene
- Work within a close-knit team, so your sound interpersonal skills and teamwork must be top notch
- Be flexible and reliable, as it’s a busy team who work to tight operational requirements to supply great food to our ferries
- Hold a full driver’s licence to deliver the daily catering to our ferries
With 20 hours guaranteed each week, you will enjoy the perks of sociable hours.
Each week we require one weekend day to be worked, but your hours will always fall between 6am-2.30pm, meaning no nights.
Pay Rate: $22 - $25
Number of Positions Available: 3