We are currently looking for one hundred (100) fruit pickers and packers to join our team at our Queensland Berry farms. Previous experience is preferred, but not required. Working on a fruit farm during harvest season is a fun and exciting time.
Duties to be performed under the Horticulture Award 2020 (MA000028) are to pick and/or pack berries to the quantity and quality standards stipulated by the management and our customers. Other general plant and farm maintenance jobs are also available.
The work will be physically demanding. It will involve reaching above your head and/or bending over for long periods of time. Heavy lifting is required. You will be working outdoors in hot, humid, wet, and cold conditions depending on the day. Being in a good healthy physical condition is essential to completing this work.
Various start dates will apply from July 2021, and work is expected to last 6 – 9 months.
• Working safely in the berry fields, picking and packing the product
• Assisting the production line in our large, purpose built, strawberry packing facility
• Planting, trellising and field maintenance of plants for ongoing, efficient production
• Adhering to safety procedures including wearing appropriate PPE (such as work boots, hats, sunscreen and sunglasses)
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: We are looking for fruit pickers and farm labours who are energetic and possess a positive attitude. Candidates do not necessarily need previous experience; you just need to be a keen learner and be physically fit. On top of being able to physically manage the role, we are looking for the following in our candidates:
- Must not be colour blind or vision impaired
- Must be able to multi-task with attention to detail
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be flexible with working days and be available to work 6-7 days per week. Must be available to work weekends including Sundays.
- Must be available for early morning starts with possible extra hours of work to ensure all crops are picked and packed as required by management and dependent on crop availability
- Flexibility is essential as crop growth and harvest are weather dependent and may be irregular
- Must be fit and healthy, with good flexibility
- Demonstrate ability to acquire good speed and to learn manual tasks
- Ability to follow instructions, learn and apply new process quickly
- Ability to stand and or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to have a good eye for detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be available for more than 4 months
- Must state your right to work in Australia
Please read the following carefully:
Applications must address the selection criteria and all claims against the selection criteria must be substantiated in your cover letter and resume. Applicants must have 3 recent professional referees. Indicate your availability and willingness to perform physically challenging outdoor work. Any applications that fail to do so will not be considered.
Number of Positions Available: 100