We require 40 seasonal horticultural labourers for the upcoming 2020 winter season. No previous experience is necessary. You must be able to commit to 5 months minimum work, with the work expected to commence beginning of June and end late November. The work is outdoors and will be physically demanding. It will involve reaching above your head and/or bending over for long periods of time. Some heavy lifting is required.
Candidates must be motivated and willing to work at a quick pace, with accuracy. Candidates must be flexible with their work hours and be able to work weekends at a short notice. Successful candidates will be required to start early in the mornings on sunrise in a range of weather conditions, working an average of 30+ hours per week. The successful candidate will be offered employment on a casual basis under our Enterprise Agreement 2019, with the work predominantly being paid per piece rate, NOT HOURLY. The piece rate will change daily in reflection of the job being undertaken.
The applicant must address the following selection criteria:
- Be physically fit and healthy (physically demanding/repetitive work)
- Be available to work 6 days a week
- MUST be available for early starts, around sunrise
- MUST be willing to work late afternoon/evenings as required
- MUST be able to work weekends at very short notice
- MUST be able to work as a part of a team or solo
- MUST be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- MUST state your right to work in Australia and provide evidence, e.g. Valid Working Visa
- Commit to 5 months minimum work
- Demonstrate ability to acquire good speed and to learn manual tasks
- Demonstrate ability to stand for long periods of time
Number of Positions Available: 40