We require up to 20 staff to assist with crop work including Banana Humping, Banana bagging, Banana spading and banana packing & also some avocado crop work & picking in the Bundaberg region, QLD. Positions will commence mid July and are expected to last between 6-9 months.
Brief job description: Humper’s cut the banana bunch from the tree and carry them to a trailer. Bunches can weigh up to 80kgs making “humping” one of the most strenuous jobs on the farm. Packers work in the packing shed sorting and packing bananas to meet specific criteria and are required to meet minimum speeds after training.
* Random drug and alcohol test’s may be conducted during the period of employment and drug tests may be required prior to beginning work*
Applications must address the selection criteria and all claims against the selection criteria must be substantiated. Any application that fails to do so will not be considered.
* Good fitness level with very high endurance able to carry bananas weighing up to 80kg
* Ability to acquire good speeds at manual tasks
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to carry heavy loads for long periods of time
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to follow instructions and learn and apply new processes quickly
Applicants from outside the Bundaberg area must demonstrate a commitment to moving and living in the area for the period of employment.
Only successful applicants will be contacted and all successful applicants will be advised in Mid June 2020.
Applications received after the closing date will NOT be considered.
Number of Positions Available: 20